ABOUT THE BOOK
The Christian message, when communicated from a comprehensive, Kingdom perspective, provides an agenda that can stand next to and above all other attempts to define the meaning of life, whether it be the individual, the family, the church, or the community. It transcends the politics of men and offers the solutions of heaven.
In The Kingdom Agenda by Dr. Tony Evans, you will explore every area of life and be empowered to live:
- One Life Under God – Judging by the meteoric rise in popular psychology books, clinics, and self-help programs, it would seem that personal lack of meaning and fulfillment is at an all-time high. Are we looking to the right place to find meaning in our being?
- One Family Under God – The once stable American family is rapidly deteriorating. Personal happiness has taken priority over family unity. In urban areas house a growing number of children from single-parent homes while pornography and violence are on the rise. Who will we turn to for answers to address these issues?
- One Church Under God – The church and what it represents are all too often ridiculed, criticized, rejected or simply ignored. Perhaps our arrogance and ignorance have perpetuated this response. And perhaps the church has contributed to the spiritual decline of American culture by failing to produce kingdom people who are accomplishing Christ’s kingdom agenda. We have done an admirable job of curing the darkness; but we have done a poor job of spreading the light.
- One Nation Under God – God’s people should not simply rely on the education system, criminal justice system, prisons, social security or other government structures to meet the needs of our homes, neighborhoods and cities. The needs of the elderly should be met by the church, and mentoring of youth should be done by the church. We can send a robotic probe to examine the surface of Mars, but we cannot manage our relationships. What is to be done?
- One Kingdom Under God – If we want a better world, composed of better countries, inhabitted by better states, composed of better cities, inhabited by better neighborhoods, illuminated by better churches, made up of better families, we need to become better people; godly people. It all starts with personal responsibility – living all of life under God.
ABOUT THE BIBLE STUDY
Kingdom Agenda: Living Life God’s Way offers valuable biblical content for six group sessions and for personal study. A Kingdom agenda based on God’s Word — rather than a secular agenda based on man’s word — is the best way to make all of life work as our Creator intended. This six-session Bible study can serve as a comprehensive blueprint for the Christian life and as an all-encompassing discipleship tool.
- 6 group sessions
- 6 weeks of personal Bible study
- Learn biblical characteristics of God’s kingdom agenda, the visible demonstration of the comprehensive rule of God over every area of life
- Discover your identity, role, and responsibilities as a citizen of God’s kingdom
- Acquire a God-focused perspective for you, your family, your church, and your nation
- Align your heart and your life with the priorities of God’s kingdom agenda.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Tony Evans is one of the country’s most respected leaders in evangelical circles. As a pastor, teacher, author, and speaker, he serves the body of Christ through his unique ability to communicate complex theological truths through simple yet profound illustrations. Through his local church, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, and his national ministry, The Urban Alternative, Dr. Evans promotes a Kingdom-agenda philosophy that teaches God’s comprehensive rule over every sphere of life as demonstrated through the individual, family, church, and society.
- The Kingdom Agenda is the most significant book my friend Tony Evans has ever written. It is “must reading” for every believer who wants to live an authentic Christian life. –John Perkins, The John Perkins Foundation
- Dr. Tony Evans has successfully laid out a strategic discipline of living according to God’s agenda. I would encourage anyone who wishes to make an impact for the kingdom of God to read this book, and take a serious look at God’s Word, which will enable you to live your life as God intended you to live it in all areas of your life. –Charles Stanley, Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Atlanta
- Clarity. Conscience. Convicting. These three words summarize my experience with Tony Evans. He never fails to speak with clarity to my conscience-convicting of both God’s love and my response. –Max Lucado, Preacher/Teacher, Oak Hills Church of Christ
- Tony Evans has hit a spiritual bull’s-eye by showing in such a powerful way how to model the Kingdom of God on earth, as it already is in heaven, in all areas of life. He makes it clear that nonbelievers will not be attracted to the Good News of the Kingdom of God by what we say, but by what they see in our lives. –Barbara Williams Skinner, President, Skinner Farm Leadership Institute
- Lots of people in our messed-up nation are dispensing good advice, but good advice has never changed the human heart. Only the Good News of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the eternal truths of God’s Word will fix America’s families and communities. That’s what the reader will find in the pages of this book written by one of America’s best preachers and communicators, Dr. Tony Evans. –Luis Palau, International Evangelist
- The book is captivating. Dr. Evan’s ability to provoke vision and awaken consciousness through his clarity of thought is extraordinary. History is destined to record him as one of the true visionaries of our time. –Eddie Bernice Johnson, Member of Congress, 30th District, Texas, Congress of the United States
- Tony Evans says we should fix our eyes firmly on the Kingdom and let that perspective govern our view of this world. And when you read his clear, lively, and readable presentation of this profound concept, you will agree. Tony has a tremendous gift for making hard truths easily understandable–and this may be his most important work yet. –John MacArthur, Pastor/Teacher and President, Master’s College and Seminary
- Tony Evans writes like he speaks-with clarity, practicality, and power. The Kingdom Agenda is a road map to help you live life God’s way. –Ravi Zacharias, President, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries